Monday, October 8, 2012

Teenagers are the Best


May I say I love my kids and my kid's friends?! I am so blessed both my children have made such awesome friend choices. I am also blessed they "let me" hang out with them.  Of course, Brendan being 13 doesn't really have a choice if he wants me to take him somewhere!
This was a weekend with Brendan and his crazy fun friends. It started with dinner at Chipolte (Bren's and my first time and was it delicious), followed by several hours at the mall. Don't worry, I am not a helicopter mom, hovering over him all the time. I enjoyed some down time at 15 minute intervals and then would find them again to make sure all was right. Gosh teenage boys eat! They had dippin' dots then milkshakes!  We got home and hung out until I was begged to take them to IHOP at 11:30 p.m. Hey, it's pumpkin pancake season so of course I will go to IHOP.
Here is the crazy part of the night. At 3:00 a.m. they were all asleep with no pillows or blankets and all their electronics plugged in) while I was wide awake. No fair. This mom needs her beauty sleep. 
Once the boys were up, it was time to pump a little more sugar into them before I returned the friends to their parents. The boys were playing football in our driveway so they enjoyed breakfast in the end zone.
It was a super fun time with some pretty awesome teenagers. I am still catching up on my sleep, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment